Canadian & Local Geography 20

CREDITS: 3

Summary of Course Content and Activities

  • Geographical Regions of Canada: Cordillera, Plains, Canadian Sheild, Arctic, Lowlands, Appalachian
  • Final Project- research the change in settlement patterns in a local area.

Philosophy statement for teaching this course

  • Learn about our "home and native land"

Prerequisites

None

Materials and Resources

None

Forecasted amount of time required to complete each week's lesson

2 hours per week.

Description of student evaluations, quizzes and tests.

Assignments 70%, Final Project 30%

 

WORLD GEOGRAPHY 30

Summary of Course Content and Activities

CREDITS: 3
Exploring the world in this World Geography course will help you learn about the world's regions, countries and important global issues that affect the people living there. Along with this you will learn where world's countries, major cities and landforms are located. This material will be explored using lesson presentations, case studies, text and supplemental reading, map studies, simulations, current events, and individual and small group projects. Biblical integration will be consistent in each unit of study as we seek to see the eternal significance of this study. It should be an exciting adventure as we explore our interesting world.

Philosophy statement for teaching this course

Students will learn about the world regions, countries and important global issues that affect the people living there. Exploring these areas from within a Biblical worldview will help students understand more completely the world around them.

Prerequisites

SS9 or equivalent

Materials and Resources

Provided by NSA

- Textbook-Free

Forecasted amount of time required to complete each week's lesson

5 hours

Description of student evaluations, quizzes and tests.

Students will have occasional quizzes and tests that will count for approximately 60% of the final grade. Written assignments, projects, and group discussion activities will count for the remaining 40%

School Notice

High School Enrollment/Withdrawal Deadline

- High School non primary registration closes Feb 29, 2024
- High School course withdrawal deadline is Feb 29, 2024.
After that date, there is a $200/course withdrawal fee