In HSS1020 Nutrition and Wellness, you will learn the importance of nutrition and hydration for the promotion and maintenance of physical, emotional, and social health and wellness. You will evaluate food and supplement choices, the effects of activity on nutritional requirements, and the use of nutrition labels to improve daily dietary nutritional intake at all ages.
In HSS1020, you will:
- Analyze food choices and their effects on health and wellness.
- Explain the effects of hydration on health and wellness.
- Evaluate strategies for achieving optimal nutrition at various stages of life.
- Evaluate nutritional information and misinformation.
You will explore the following guiding questions:
- Am I eating the right foods to get the nutrients my body needs?
- How do I know if I am drinking enough water?
- How do nutrition requirements change with different stages of life?
- What strategies can I use to make good nutrition attractive and appealing?
- How do I know what my "ideal" body should look like?
- What is the truth about the foods that I eat?
- How do I even know what I am putting into my body?